KMsoft Director, Pete Thomson, has joined STEM as an Ambassador for its educational programme that helps to encourage young people’s enjoyment of science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) subjects.
STEM Ambassadors are able to enhance and enrich the teaching and learning of STEM subjects by volunteering their time and enthusiasm, and sharing their own interest, skills and experience – helping to demonstrate their value in life and careers. As a STEM Ambassador, Pete will be getting involved in a wide variety of activities, including:
- supporting with lessons by bringing real-world problems for pupils to experience and solve
- giving careers talks or helping at careers fairs
- providing technical advice to teachers or practical support to STEM projects in and outside the classroom
- helping schools make connections with employers and industry resources
- working with governors to help improve the way STEM is delivered within a school
Over 30,000 STEM Ambassadors, aged 17-70 years old, from over 2,500 different employers, volunteer their time, enthusiasm and experiences to encourage and inspire young people to achieve more and progress further in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM).