Here is a bit of festive fun! And of course, it had to be centred around what we are passionate about: barcodes! How many correct answers can you get?
Try our quiz now and check you answers at the bottom of this page.
1) What shape was the very first barcode created?
b. Bulls Eye
c. Ice cream
2) What size were early barcode scanners?
a. As big as washing machines
b. The size of a shoe
c. As big as a car
3) What was the first product scanned in the UK in 1978?
a. A box of paracetamol
b. A box of Melrose 100 Century teabags
c. A box of Celebrations chocolates
4) What did New York artist Bernard Solco exhibit in 1998?
a. A collection of photographs of barcodes
b. A new collection of barcode-inspired clothing outfits
c. 20 two-meter-high artworks based on barcodes
5) When were two-dimensional barcodes created?
6) What number do barcodes in China start with, as it is considered to be lucky?
7) Who invented the barcode?
a. Joseph Norman Woodland
b. Norman Joseph Woods
c. Ronald Reagan
8) On what product was the first ever UPC code scanned?
a. A packet of Malboro cigarettes
b. A tin of tuna
c. A pack of Wrigley’s Chewing Gum
9) When were QR codes created?
10) What is the name of the 2D barcode invented by Longacre and Russey in 1995?
a. The Mayan
b. The Aztec
c. The Cherokee